Lipman Law PLLC is a boutique law practice in New York founded by Alex Lipman. Marrying big firm experience with personalized service, Lipman Law PLLC helps select clientele navigate regulatory enforcement, white collar and financial litigation matters.
Alex Lipman has nearly 30 years of experience both in private practice and government with a focus on SEC enforcement, white collar, securities litigation, regulatory and corporate governance matters. His practice focuses primarily on representing individuals and organizations in connection with SEC enforcement and criminal matters relating to insider trading, corporate financial irregularities, and securities sales practices.
Alex’s government experience includes serving as a Special Assistant United States Attorney on the Securities and Commodities Fraud Task Force at the US Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York. In that position, he prosecuted and tried cases involving accounting fraud, mail and wire fraud, and insider trading. Alex also served as a Branch Chief in the SEC’s Enforcement Division, where he conducted numerous high-profile investigations into securities law violations, including cases stemming from the collapse of Enron.
- New York University School of Law – J.D., 1991
- Wesleyan University – B.A., with honors, 1986
- New York
- US District Courts for the Southern and Eastern District of New York and District of Massachusetts
- District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- US Supreme Court